The GreenStaxx Solution
The concept of the building block reinvented:
With unprecedented capacity for flexibility.
A Pre-Designed and Engineered Library of Units
- We have developed 23 unit variations which can configure most multifamily buildings
- There are corridor, inside corner and outside corner unit types
- Unit designs in a 3D program are stacked to provide a Library of unit stacks
- Unit stacks are designed and engineered independent of any specific project
- Unit stack modules are fabricated off-site; all finishes included
- These digital stack designs will be used in multiple projects
- This repetition reduces time and cost, and increases quality
- Units are continuously upgraded by an extensive R&D process
- Well vetted pre-engineering reduces the need for Submittals, RFI’s and COR’s
The Grid: Unit Stacks Fit onto a Grid
- The flexible grid adapts to the site footprint, supporting flexible layout configurations
- Cost and income matrices linked to plans will optimize the design process
- Tax rebate and subsidy research on stack designs maximize potential savings
- Stacks are linked to marketing materials, saving time and money
- Post construction links to unit stacks monitors maintenance and performance
GreenStaxx Local Production Team
Many modular projects have experienced difficulty managing the coordination between the off-site and on-site aspects of the construction process.
The GreenStaxx patented process offers significant benefits:
- Based on the repetition of the unit stacks, GreenStaxx is licensing a vertically integrated team for an end-to-end process; from initial design to completed building
- The Local Production Team consists of Developer, Architect, General Contractor and Modular Manufacturer
- GreenStaxx provides licenced Developers a unit library, customized to their brand, at no cost
- The Developer works with a licenced Architect to drag and drop his/her units into the site grid
- A licenced General Contractor and Modular Manufacturer provide early pricing information
- Pricing is based on standardized library numbers for off-site production
- Project pricing is provided by the General Contractor working with the modular numbers
- GreenStaxx supports the integrated process based on their library and grid, with manuals and oversight
GreenStaxx Established Process
- Assemble and train GSX Team
- Work with developer to establish unit “brand”
- Developer identifies site, uses GSX library & grid
- Quickly transform GSX stacks into concept rendering for zoning approval
- With zoning approval, quickly turn concept design into precisely priced REVIT drawings
- Construct for a predictable fixed price
- Market units using GSX materials tailored to developer specific unit “brand”
- Operate project using GSX maintenance and performance systems
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the GreenStaxx System?
- GreenStaxx provides a patented multifamily solution using offsite modular fabrication techniques to reduce the cost and project timeframe while increasing quality and sustainability. It’s smart, affordable and green.
- What is the major challenges facing off-site production?
- Multifamily modular production has suffered from issues related to coordination between off-site and on-site contractors. In addition, modular manufacturers have not developed a replicable product consistent with assembly-line production.
- How has GreenStaxx answered these challenges?
- GreenStaxx offers a breakthrough solution generated by a computer-based Unit Library for use in multiple projects, thereby providing repetition. Units are predesigned independent of any specific project, and fit into a project-specific grid. A GreenStaxx licensed project team of Architect, General Contractor and Modular Manufacturer are integrated based on protocols related to the Library’s use, providing support and enhanced coordination.
- Why use GreenStaxx?
- Greenstaxx users can reduce total project costs by between 10-15%, and reduce time frames by up to 30%, both while improving building quality.
- Where are the 10-15% savings coming from?
- A combination of time related savings effecting general conditions, fees and carry costs, and of direct cost savings related to supply chains, risk reduction and lowered contingencies, and finally savings related to better coordination reducing RFI’s, Submittals and Change Orders.
- 10-15% savings is a lot in this industry. What can confirm claim?
- GreenStaxx has created a comprehensive case study using both conventional and modular construction technologies that verifies this claim. Please contact us to learn more about the details.
- Can I still use GreenStaxx if I don’t want to build modular?
- Yes. The GreenStaxx library has modifications that work with conventional construction and capture many of the GreenStaxx advantages. The developer will have the option to convert to conventional construction following comparative cost estimates provided after zoning approval, but before starting contract documents.
- Who is on the GreenStaxx team?
- The GreenStaxx Team evolved from the Oaktree organization and their consultants. Oaktree is a design-based development company always looking for ways to save time and money while increasing quality.
- What is their experience?
- Oaktree has been in business for over forty years working primarily as a developer while designing their projects in-house. The GreenStaxx system has evolved over the past five years within Oaktree, and GreenStaxx is now an affiliate of Oaktree’s.
- The GreenStaxx system has been utilized in seven multifamily projects comprising over 800 units, some modular and some conventional.
- What kinds of unit options are available?
- We have a baseline unit spec with both an affordable option and an upgrade option.
- We also have a base-line green spec, with a greener option available.
- Am I able to customize the library units?
- Yes. Greenstaxx units can be customized as to interior colors and finishes at no cost, and also as to exterior appearances; both to fit developer tastes and desire for branding. Customization is also available to achieve LEED certification.
- What about use in multiple climates.
- GreenStaxx is developing alternative Unit Libraries suitable for various climates.
- Where in the USA (and beyond?) can GSX offer its product/services?
- We intend to make GreenStaxx available in all the major multifamily markets in the US. We have patents pending in the EU and India, and are considering offering the GreenStaxx product in Canada.
- What is the minimum size project that GSX makes sense for?
- There is no minimum size in using the Library, although for practical reasons minimum project size is about 16 units.
- What is the largest development that utilized GSX?
- Cambridge Park Place in Cambridge is designed with GreenStaxx units, conventionally constructed. It is comprised of 312 units.
- How many stories can be built with GSX?
- Currently five stories in wood can be constructed over a one or two floor steel podium – so seven stories total. However, we are considering a light gage steel system that can extend to eighteen stories.
- How Green is GreenStaxx?
- This is of course subjective, however, as a company we contend that we have designed and engineered the greenest multifamily product on the market. And we are committed, over time, to continue upgrading units in the Library to higher and higher levels of sustainability.